About WestCord Hotels
WestCord Hotels is a family owned business. WestCord Hotels currently has 16 hotels in various cities, including Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Well-known hotels include SS Rotterdam, Hotel Jakarta and Hotel New York. All of the hotels tell unique stories and by offering a personalized guest experience to all their guests, they differentiate themselves from other hotels.
The goal: To make employees more engaged through one channel for internal communication, onboarding and e-learning.
WestCord Hotels wanted to make their employees more involved. The hotel chain was looking for a platform in which all their employees could come together. The platform had to meet the following requirements:
- A platform that makes it possible to communicate with everyone and replaces the different communication channels: By shifting to one platform, WestCord Hotels wanted to inform and engage all their employees at a company and location level. Previously, WestCord Hotels used email, WhatsApp and Facebook messenger for internal communication. An employee survey showed that employees needed one internal communication platform. Employees never read their email and they did not like using WhatsApp groups for work-related communication.
- A platform that improves the work-life balance of employees: employees no longer wanted to use WhatsApp for internal communication. “WhatsApp should only be used for private conversations with your friends and family. We were looking for a communication platform that separates work and private life.” says Joan, Hospitality Trainer at WestCord Hotels.
- A platform that boosts employer branding thanks to centralized onboarding WestCord Hotels wanted to give new employees the feeling that they are part of the family. Eline, Corporate Recruiter at WestCord Hotels, explains: “We are now able to deliver one clear and aligned message to all our employees via the onboarding module. Certain aspects that we find important are now shared with all hotels.”
Why WestCord Hotel chose Oneteam
WestCord Hotels looked into several solutions, but opted for Oneteam because the app combines multiple components in one. In addition, Oneteam is always eager to help and they work together with their users in developing the platform to maximize the user experience. Oneteam provides personal webinars to think along with WestCord Hotels to increase the use of the app even more among employees.
The results: engaged and motivated employees at all locations
WestCord Hotels benefited from the following results thanks to the Oneteam platform:
- Easily reaching all employees at different locations the biggest advantage for WestCord Hotels is that our internal communication has significantly improved. "We can now easily involve our employees and keep everyone informed," says Eline. Joan adds: “Thanks to Oneteam we can instantly reach all our employees with one message. First, we had to do this through team meetings. Now we just use Oneteam, which has proven to be a huge time saver.”
- Employer branding boost and increased knowledge level thanks to onboarding and e-learning: WestCord Hotels are now able to turn their employees into brand evangelists. Thanks to the onboarding module and the e-learning module employees are able to learn in an accessible and interactive way. For example, on topics such as the history of WestCord and their specific hotel. But they can also gain new knowledge about HACCP, wine, allergies, and allergens. "The ability to apply quizzes and gamification is very popular among employees."
- Effective crisis communication: employees have an extra need to make use of Oneteam during the Covid crisis.Joan explains: “During the crisis, far fewer employees are on location and all communication is digital. All our reporting now goes through Oneteam. It is important that you can communicate well and clearly during this crisis to prevent miscommunication. In addition, we also try to focus on positive topics by sharing nice photos, videos and polls. That is very important during this crisis. Oneteam arrived just in time! ”
- Motivated employees and interconnectedness WestCord Hotels receives many positive reactions from employees. They all really enjoy having a total solution in one platform. "We already notice that employees are more motivated." says Eline. “The app also contributes to interconnectedness per location. Previously you were mainly associated with your own department, but now you can also read about developments in other departments. This is very important for commitment and eventually also of great importance for delivering the best possible guest experience."