About WestCord Hotels
WestCord Hotels, a hotel chain, is a Dutch family business. At the moment WestCord Hotels has 16 hotels situated in the Dutch nature and famous Dutch cities, such as Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Well-known hotels are ss Rotterdam, Hotel Jakarta en Hotel New York. The hotel chain distinguishes itself from its competitors by offering a unique story per hotel. A personalized guest experience is key here.
Increase employee engagement by centralizing internal communication, onboarding, and e-learning into one platform.
The goal of WestCord Hotels was to increase employee engagement. Therefore, the hotel chain started searching for an app to connect employees from different hotels. The app had to meet the following requirements:
- A platform that allows WestCord Hotels to communicate with all 1500+ employees and replaces existing communication channels: WestCord Hotels wants to reach and inform all its employees locally and nationally. WestCord Hotels used many communication channels, like email, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger. An employee satisfaction survey showed the hotel chain that its employees wanted one single communication platform. Employees did not read their emails and did not like using WhatsApp for work communications.
- A platform that improves the work-life balance of their employees: employees at WestCord Hotels did not want to use WhatsApp for internal communications. “WhatsApp is perfect for conversations with your family and friends, not for work. We were searching for a communication platform that separates work and life.” according to Joan, Hospitality Trainer at WestCord Hotels.
- A platform that boosts employer branding thanks to centralized onboarding: WestCord Hotels wanted to make new employees feel at home. Eline, Corporate Recruiter at WestCord Hotels, explains: “We can now show a consistent message through onboarding. Some parts we consider very important are a recurring theme for the onboarding now.”
Why did you choose Oneteam?
WestCord Hotels was looking into multiple solutions but chose Oneteam because Oneteam combines various modules (such as internal communications, e-learning, and onboarding) within one app. Next, Oneteam always thinks along and is always available for questions and help. Oneteam hosts personal webinars for WestCord Hotels. Therefore, Oneteam has always been involved in increasing the use of the platform among employees.
The results: engaged and motivated employees at all hotels
WestCord Hotels benefited from the following results thanks to Oneteam’s solution:
- Reach everyone at different locations with one click on the button: the main advantage for WestCord Hotels is the improvement of internal communications. “The way we inform, reach and engage our employees has improved drastically,” says Eline. Joan adds to this: “Thanks to Oneteam, we can reach all our employees at once with one message. Before Oneteam, we used team meetings and other ways. Now it’s so simple, which is a huge time saver.”
- Employer branding and increased knowledge level thanks to onboarding and e-learning: WestCord Hotels can turn their staff into fans of their organization. The onboarding module and e-learning module enables employees to learn quickly in an efficient and easily accessible way. For example, employees now receive short training about the history of Westcord and the hotel they are working at. Also, they can learn more about HACCP, Wine, Allergies, and allergens. “The possibility to use quizzes and gamification is super attractive for our employees.”
- Effective crisis communication: employees must use Oneteam due to the COVID-19 crisis. Joan explains: “During the crisis, fewer employees are physically at our hotels, and all communication is digital. We use Oneteam for this. It is important to stay in touch with your employees during a crisis like COVID-19 to prevent miscommunications. We can also spread positivity by sharing pictures, videos, and polls. Something significant during this crisis. Oneteam was there just in time!”
- Motivated employees and interconnectedness: WestCord Hotels receives many positive reactions from their employees. They love the fact that the app is a complete solution. “We already notice our employees be more motivated,” says Eline. “This app contributes to interconnectedness per hotel. Before, our employees felt connected to their department, but now they receive updates from other departments. This is key for their engagement. And that is important for offering excellent service.